Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I want to wish everyone a happy 2014 and say goodbye to 2013! 

This year when I was welcoming in the New Year with some friends I came to a conclusion I had never thought of much before, no matter where in the world you are, everyone ushers in the New Year in almost the same way.  Most people get dressed up and have good food and drinks.  Obviously the types of food and drinks vary from country to country, but most people tend to find the best tasting, least healthy thing they can think of and happily enjoy it.  Knowing of course that, “the diet starts tomorrow.”  Another thing is that people make resolutions whether purposely or not, even if it is as simple as “this year will be better.” Everyone who is not in bed counts down the last ten seconds of the year. And of course there are fireworks. Most importantly, everyone wants to be with people they love.  Whether you choose to be with friends or family, we all want to be with people we like to welcome the next year of our lives.


So Happy New Year! I hope that you were with people you love, that you had delicious foods, that it will be better than last year and not as good as next.

P.S. Here's a video of people celebrating around the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment