Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Why We Travel

While searching for blog post ideas I came across this article.  I clicked on it more out of boredom and slight curiosity.  It is very well written and caused me to really sit back and think more about traveling.  I have always associated travel with a part of my normal life.  Every two years or so we move to a new place and that’s how it’s always been.  My family does travel around the regions we live in, but for people who have not been raised in a new house every two years travel is much more compelling I think.  One part of me always wondered why people thirst to travel.  There is the curiosity, the excitement, the unknown.  Those things are always alluring.  I always fell to the historical aspect of travel.  I love history, it was always one of my favorite subjects and I have been to many of the places I learned about in school.  That to me is incredibly exhilarating.  I love that I can walk down an old street where Caesar might have walked.  I got tingly standing on Mars Hill knowing that the Apostle Paul probably stood in that exact spot to talk to the masses.  I never thought of travel in the way that this article puts it though.  This article speaks about travel like it is the breath of life.  It shows how something I had always thought was rather normal can be life-changing.  And It shows how even when you are doing the traveling and experiencing the new place, maybe you are showing the place you are visiting another world at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment